Essex was released a decade after Alf made her an international star and it was to be both Alison’s last full-length studio album for eight years and the last Sony would release.
The Deluxe Edition, featuring the original album plus a wealth of material from the remainder of her time with Sony, is remastered from the original tapes and will contain rare and previously unreleased music – featuring 12-inch remixes, B-sides, musical collaborations with Lightning Seeds and Tricky, a withdrawn single, a TV theme tune and an alternate demo that’s never been heard and a never-released track from the vaults!
It will be released via casebound-book Double CD / Download / Stream by BMG on 25th November 2016.
Disc One – original album & bonus tracks
- And I Know
- Whispering Your Name
- Getting Into Something
- So Am I
- Ode To Boy
- Another Living Day
- Boys Own
- Take Of Me
- Ode To Boy II
- Whispering Your Name (Single Mix)
- The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Single Mix)
- Blue (Original Version)
- Solid Wood (Single Mix)
- Our Colander Eyes (Single Mix) Rare – withdrawn single.
- My Best Day (featuring Lightning Seeds)
- Make A Change (featuring Tricky)
Disc Two – bonus tracks
- Falling (Infinite Dub)
- It Won’t Be Long (Acoustic)
- Whispering Your Name (Extended Remix)
- Whispering Your Name (Remix) (remix by Vince Clarke)
- Getting Into Something (Midnight Mix) First ever CD and download release. Previously only available on vinyl.
- Dorothy (Acoustic)
- Ne Me Quitte Pas (Acoustic)
- Never Too Late (Remix)
- Never Too Late (Extended Remix)
- Life In A Hole
- Rock And Roll (Live At The Mean Fiddler, London, 3rd April, 1992)
- Sunderland Glynn
- Beautiful Previously unreleased.
- How Long (Alternate Version) Previously unreleased.
- Blue (The Essential Mix)
- Our Colander Eyes (Pete Glenister Demo) Previously unreleased.
- Blue (Playing The Field Edit) Previously unreleased.
- There Are Worse Things I Could Do